19 August 2013

"INature": A new blog (series)

The blog wasn't dead, it was just dormant.

I'd like to cover little episodes of my wanderings in nature ("INature"), highlighting one natural process or species at a time, usually with a picture. Recently, I started some temp work in a natural setting, so I've lots of opportunities for these observations. They're a part of my job now. As long as I keep my eyes and ears working, I learn something every day. It's in the exchanges, questions, and ponderings that learning happens. There will be many unanswered questions... I'm counting on you to help me solve them!

If you want much better coverage of all things natural and Hoosier, you'd best check out Outdoor Indiana magazine. For each publication, they have a small write up one two Hoosier species, and I'd like to copy that feel.

So until I have time to sit down and write about the dozens of pictures I've already taken, I'll leave you with a marshy mystery...



2 comments:

  1. loch ness monster tracks? maybe Nellie got tired of thistle and wants some Indiana corn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's what I call a "beaver run"... though I haven't learned the real name for it. It's a little ditch they dig so that they can cruise between ponds. Lazy things... these cause a lot of problems for my ATV.

    ReplyDelete